Attention Gladiator Nation! Though the Scandal 310 promo was quick, we could not help but notice that Quinn and Charlie are the ones hauling Daniel Douglas Langston‘s body out of the Langston home, after Sally ”offed” him for cheating on her. Well, Sally is now forever beholden to B-613 and Cyrus for helping clean up her mess. This will definitely keep her from running as an independent against Fitz. Looks like Cyrus‘ diabolical plan worked after all. We still think Quinn must die though…
Attention Gladiator Nation! The following is the promo for Scandal 310 – “A Door Marked Exit.” We can see that all hell has broken loose. There is a brief clip of Fitz interrogating Rowan. We believe Rowan is about to lose his job as Command of B-613. He will might live, but not as the powerful man he was before. At least he got away from Charlie and Quinn, our new “Tweedle Dumb” and Tweedle Dumber,” respectively. And Huck has another crack at Quinn., whom we feel needs to go. She is disloyal and can never again be trusted. After all that Olivia did to help Quinn, only to have this help repaid with betrayal, Quinn must die.
Video courtesy of YouTube channel ScandalousGladiators
Okay Gladiator Nation! Scandal 309, with all its twists, has left our head spinning. We were wrong about Mama Pope, boy were we wrong about Mama Pope. She is the monster, and Rowan is the loving protective father of his little girl, Olivia. We eat crow tonight, served with popcorn and red wine:
- Mama Pope is a terrorist, She is the monster who is now free. I blame this fiasco squarely on Jake. Had he not started digging into Operation Remington, Mama Pope would never have been an issue. We also blame Huck who just went along with helping Jake dig more into Operation Remington. Thank goodness Olivia has such a good memory. Let’s hope that B-613 catches up to Mama Pope, a/k/a Marie Wallace, a/k/a Maya Lewis, in time.
- We should have known from the moment Mama Pope killed the doctor at the infirmary to escape. But who was she working with? She was meeting someone at the airport before boarding the flight. We assume this person gave her the dirty bomb to plant on the plane. Was she willing to be a suicide bomber? Why?
- Cyrus was brought to his knees by James‘ cheating on him with Daniel Douglas Langston. And James stood up for himself, and asked Cyrus for a divorce and full custody of their daughter, Ella. Cyrus used him like a cheap whore for political gain. For once, the political animal was been tranquilized.
- How about Sally Langston? We thought she was a tower of strength for not caving in front of Cyrus upon seeing those pics of James and her husband having sex. But she just cracked on her own. She killed Daniel Douglas. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
- Fitz better watch his back. A scorned Southern Belle is nothing to play with. One day Mellie might plunge a kitchen knife into his chest for his cheating ways.
- Fitz and Mellie jumping straight down Cyrus‘ behind for stalling against the Sally Langston threat. But when Mellie saw Cyrus crying, she gave him very wise words of advice. She knows the role of a spurned spouse very well. Cyrus will never again utter the words, “My husband is not your husband.”
- Cyrus calls James to apologize for his actions. James needs to apologize to Cyrus too. He did not have to behave like a cheap whore by having with Daniel Douglas.
- Huck tortures Quinn. Can’t say we feel sorry for either Huck or Quinn. And Huck was stupid enough to leave her in her apartment alone. Did he really expect her to just sit there? Did he really think that Charlie would not find her? Stupid Huck should be in the next episode’s body count too.
- Quinn and Charlie finally having sex. Looks like these two are falling in love. Sex seems to be the ultimate painkiller, masking the pain of having teeth extracted without anesthesia. Now that she has an extra pep in her step, Quinn is brave enough to take on Rowan, But do they think they will really get away with crossing Rowan? We think these two will wind up dead.
- Jake and Fitz arguing in the Oval Office, telling Fitz that he did not have his back for Operation Remington. So who really shot down that plane? Was it Jake? Was the mission botched? Was his joining B-613 his price to pay for keeping the truth about his military record covered up? Olivia, run far from Jake, and run fast. Fitz did try to warn you about him.
- At least Mama Pope got a hug from Olivia. No one else does except Fitz these days. Hmm… But know we know Maya is a horrible mother, for putting her terrorist cause above being with her own daughter.
- When Olivia tells Fitz the truth about her mother, will he run the other way? Scandal‘s winter finale is already too much to handle. We are officially #poped.
- We are happy that Rowan is not the horrible father after all. We love Papa Pope, and hope to see more of him in the Spring. Let’s hope Papa Pope can help his daughter and hold her together. Now we know why he cried when the plane went down. He realized that, Maya, the love of his life was a monster, and that Olivia would no longer have her mother, leaving him to raise a young daughter, alone.
- Olivia has some crow to eat too, and apologize to her father. Olivia, remember to give your daddy a hug too.
Rest in peace, Madiba. Your work here is done. Return to the Creator‘s bosom knowing that you fulfilled exactly what He wanted you to do: You fought on behalf of the oppressed and the forgotten, and through insurmountable odds, freed the people of your homeland, South Africa. We consider ourselves blessed to have seen a man like you walk the face of the earth in our time. Be at rest, you most faithful and fearless warrior.
Video courtesy of YouTube channel ScandalousGladiators
Attention Gladiator Nation! ABC has released the second sneak peek for Scandal 309 – “YOLO.” In this clip, Olivia calls Huck for help on what to do now that her mother is alive. Huck advises her to go to the OPA safe house. Needless to say, poor Liv looks as if she has seen a ghost.
Attention Gladiator Nation! We now present a Scandal recap from a very popular Jamaican gladiator, Carla Moore. Carla, who delivers her hilarious recap in the Jamaican dialect, is a graduate student currently studying in Canada. Hers is possibly the funniest Scandal recap we have ever seen. Big up to all Jamaican Gladiators everywhere! Enjoy!
Video courtesy of YouTube channel countryfromlongtime
Attention Gladiator Nation! ABC has released the first sneak peek for Scandal 309 - “YOLO.” In this clip, Olivia (Liv) has clearly been left a basket case over the revelation that her mother is alive. OPA fight among themselves about Mama Pope, who reveals some very shocking secrets: She found stole some files about B-613 and was going to blow the whistle on the secret organization, and her husband, in London, take Liv and run. That was her plan but Rowan got to her before she could do anything. Perhaps the most difficult thing to watch with this clip is how OPA treat Liv‘s mom. Is Mama Pope telling the truth? Stay tuned…
Oh by the way, where’s Quinn?
Video courtesy of YouTube channel ScandalousGladiators
Posted in Scandal ABC, Teasers
Tagged 309, abby whelan, abc, columbus short, darby stanchfield, guillermo diaz, harrison wright, huck, jake ballard, kerry washington, mama pope, maya lewis pope, olivia pope, opa, sacndal, scott foley, teasers, yolo
Attention Gladiator Nation! In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday, ABC released a picture of Olivia and “Mama Pope,” having what seems to be a very pleasant conversation around a quaint, little dining table. One can only imagine what these two will have to say to each other once Olivia calms down. Honestly, Olivia looked as if she saw a “ghost” last week. We thought she was going to keel over on the sidewalk.
Whenever you think your family drama is bad, just remember the Pope family. Surely your family cannot be as bad. Please take the following into consideration:
- “Papa Pope” runs a top-secret, extremely dangerous spy network called B-613. He would probably kill his own mother for the sake of the Republic.
- “Papa Pope” does not even have decent family photos of his wife and child. He probably forced some poor intern at B-613 headquarters to find those old newspaper clippings of his daughter.
- “Mama Pope” has been held in a maximum security federal prison, in isolation, for more than twenty years. She ate through her own wrists and killed a doctor just to see her baby again.
- “Baby Pope” a/k/a Olivia is “head-bitch-in-charge” of a leading crisis management firm with thieves, hackers, murderers, liars and a possibly AWOL Naval Officer on the payroll. One employee is a double agent, and she is about to get the “deluxe spa treatment package” from another fellow employee for having betrayed the firm.
- Let’s not forget that Olivia is also having an illicit affair with the very married and murderous President of the United States. And sometimes she forgets whose bed she wishes to be in : Fitz, Jake, Edison and all the others who have crashed and burned seeking the “secrets of the universe” between her “magical thighs.”
- “Mama Pope” and “Baby Pope” are on the run from “Papa Pope“: He would rather kill them both than allow any secrets about the shooting down of Global Airlines Flight 522 to be revealed. We wonder what these secrets are? Was “Mama Pope” a terrorist? Or was “Mama Pope” having an affair with a terrorist and thus jailed for guilt by association? Or were “Papa Pope” and “Mama Pope” a modern-day “Bonnie and Clyde” gone totally awry?
- Honestly, only the Borgias are worse than the Popes. At some point, poor Olivia must wish she had simply been left at birth on Eli and Maya‘s doorstep by a travelling circus, rather than share actual DNA with these two questionable parents. No wonder she is so messed up. The Popes are the epitome of a dysfunctional family.
Be thankful this holiday season, regardless of your situation. It could be worse. There is always something to be thankful for. As the caption says above, “Your holiday family drama IS NOTHING compared to the Popes.” Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours from TAL CONFIDENTIAL.
Posted in Mammoths & Mastodons, Scandal ABC
Tagged abc, eli pope, family, happy thanksgiving, mama pope, maya lewis pope, olivia pope, olivia pope and associates, papa pope, rowan, scandal
Attention Gladiator Nation! Entertainment Weekly has named the cast of Scandal to its 2013 Entertainers of the Year list. For the impact that this show has had this year, this honor is well-deserved! Congratulations!
Posted in News, Scandal ABC
Tagged abby whelan, abc, bellamy young, columbus short, cyrus beene, darby stanchfield, david rosen, entertainment weekly, fitz, guillermo diaz, huck, jeff perry, joshua malina, katie lowes, kerry washington, mellie, news, olivia pope, quinn perkins, scandal, shonda rhimes, tony goldwyn